Conditioning and Clarity

When I was young, I used to have a lot of Imaginary friends. I used to play with them for hours, talk, laugh and fight.I used to play the role of the speaker and listener from both ends. Sometime in between, as I was growing older, I stopped talking to them. Because  at some point of time, an idea got into my mind that every action should be associated with a motive. When you smile at someone, you should expect the other person to smile back. If you love someone, you should expect being loved back. If the action is not associated with a motive, like me talking to my imaginary friend, it will look insane to the rest of the world. And whatever that does not make sense to the society, should not make sense to you. The sad part is that as we grow older we loose our charm, spontaneity and forget (forced to forget) even our basic instincts. We become more of mechanical beings governed by pre-set algorithms on how to think and how to act.

#  Comprehending a long unproductive conversation, where I failed to convince a friend a simple fact that 'a conditioned mind can never see things the way they really are, with clarity'

No comments: